Friday, February 3, 2012

New Braunfels, Texas .... again

 I should first step up to the plate and admit that this post is wayyyyyyy behind schedule - it is Friday today but we have been nicely set up here in New Braunfels since Monday.

Hi, my name is Teresa and sometimes I am too lazy lacking energy to post on our blog.

Admittedly it did take me a few days just to get up to date with the events over the weekend.

PLUS!

Monday night, Tuesday night and Wednesday night were filled with bible studies and since I USUALLY do my posts in the evening, once the one with all the energy is nicely sleeping, time has just not been on my side this week.

But never fear - the birds are tweeting, the rest of the family is napping and here sit I in oh 73F degree temps coming to you live.

If you have been with us from the beginning you may recall that we have been here at the Berean Bible Church, with Pastor Jerry Lockhart and his wife Barbara, New Braunfels before - at the end of November to be precise. You can read about our visit here, here and here oh and here.

First, another tour of the place is probably in order. We are parked in behind the church by the way....




Flowers in Januray - for our northern folk!


hmmm - 'tie a yellow ribbon round the old - live - oak tree....'



I just love all the garden swings common to the south...


ahhh - sure do love sittin' here listening to the fountain. Sorta helps with the blasting horn of the train across the street!


This is Scooter.....


and this is Buddy - VERY camera shy - it took me awhile to take this shot. Great dogs...

And so I can say with pride that other than attending the bible studies with Jerry and speaking with him on and off - we have done absolutely 

nothing

not nothing really - just not traveling. The truck has not moved in 5 days! and we are soooooo good with that. We stocked up with groceries on the way and and so we have - again - been content with just sitting. Our timing was great because although it has been warm - in the 70sF - it has been overcast and even raining this week.

Cassia has been just fine though.....


She has a GREAT playroom all to herself.....


oh so many books to read....





and this morning..... puddles to jump in .....


or ...... put her head in! What's up with that?



It's a good week - a lot of resting and a lot of learning. The Berean Bible Church is a Rightly Dividing the Word church - as have all the others we have been visiting this trip. If you have any questions about that I am sure we could answer or provide you with links and resources - so don't be afraid to ask. Our email address is on the right.

Over the next few days I will be planning the third leg of our trip. Once I get to that I will fill you in on some of my findings and our intended route home. 

Oh and tomorrow we are going back to the New Braunfels Farmer's Market - we had a swell time there last visit and bought a ton of stuff - can't wait to revisit!

Thanks for visiting!

Teresa

Today's Interesting Link: Here is the link to the New Braunfels Farmer's Market just so you don't have to go searching our past posts for it. I really really like the art work - don't you?
Derek and I love farmer's markets - we used to sell our ornamental grasses at the one in Duncan on Vancouver Island - another great market.

1 comment:

  1. Very glad to hear you are resting up in a comfortable spot.
    Teresa and I get tired when we are travelling all the time as well.
    Have fun, and take care ... TnT

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...